Friday and Saturday were washouts first due to rain and then to wind. We did manage to get to shore Friday evening for a much needed walk. Saturday was sustained 25-30 knot winds in a very protected bay, but Ken still got out in the dinghy and deployed a second anchor to be sure we didn't drag - we didn't. We planned and tried to leave this morning, but I ran the boat aground this time :-} on too low a tide and a wide turn. By the time we were off, it was too late to make our next stop by dark so we went back and anchored again. It may have been a blessing in disguise (see me try rationalize!) as the winds did not die quite as much as projected for the day. So I may have saved myself some seasickness, at least that is what I'm telling myself.
We are keeping an eye on the weather, wind and waves and may try again tomorrow to move south to Shark River. Next stop, the Keys. One wrinkle we just found out about today is that the mooring field we planned to stay in Marathon has a 50 boat waiting list, so we will need to look for other anchoring options in the Keys as we start looking for weather windows to cross to the Bahamas.
Here are a few photos from Marco. This first one I posted on Instagram too because it was just so cool that he landed on the boat even if he did scare me half to death!